Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Iker Sin Igual



Mine is a house divided.  My oldest son, whose collection of FC Barcelona gear nearly quadrupled this past Christmas, is a boy committed to the misguided notion that the best soccer team in the world plays regularly at the Camp Nou in Barcelona.  His father--older, wiser--knows that the beautiful game is at its most beautiful in the Santiago Bernabéu.  Each Clásico is an opportunity for me to prove to him just how right I am.  Of course, the last several games between Los Blancos and Los Azulgrana have made it difficult for me to make my point (most especially the unfortunate events of the late fall of 2010).  Nevertheless, the Federación Internacional de Historia y Estadística del Fútbol recently gave my side something to smile about when it named Iker Casillas the best goalkeeper in the world for the fourth year in a row.  Congratulations to Iker.  And to my son...told you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment